Monday, September 5, 2016

Cambios, cambios, cambios

I remember before my mission when change was a little nerve racking,
but always really exciting. Then I served a mission....

So we normally get transfer calls on Saturday. The zone leaders call
and say that President still is making final decisions. So we get the
call last night and learn that...I am leaving?? Needless to say we are
both very surprised, since my companion leaves in two weeks and I just
spent the past transfer preparing to take over the area. Apparently
the Lord is trying to teach me a lot about faith this transfer haha.
So that's a real bummer. I love this area, and was so excited to keep
working here for a while. It's such a fun city and the people in the
branch here are just the best. I'm gonna miss them a lot. We'll find
out where I am going and who is coming here tonight, so I won't have
that info until next week. But it's been an awesome transfer in
Annapolis and with Hermana Tuttle. Who knows, maybe I'll come back
later in my mission! Other than that, we've had another kind of weird
week where none of our normal people were available, but we met lots
of new ones which is always fun! One of my favorite people we have
worked with these past two weeks is a less active girl named Ester.
She is from El Salvador and is about my age and has the cutest
daughter, Mackenzie. She was baptized a few years ago, but because of
 some decisions, has felt too guilty to come back to church. We met her
two weeks ago, and on Wednesday, while I was on exchanges with Sister
Routt (an English sister) I got to teach about the power of repentance
and the atonement. It was such an awesome lesson and the spirit was so
strong. That chica is so awesome and honestly a spiritual powerhouse.
She wants to do what is right and is willing to go through the
difficult process of repentance to get the Spirit again. She came to
church and is taking the necessary steps to get back to the Savior. I
love her and am going to miss working with her. This week we also
invited half the world to church. Or so it seems. We had so many
people who said they would come, or try to come. Sadly, not many of
them could make it, but we were so happy to see the ones that could.
Church is truly a wonderful place and the spirit we feel there is what
allows us to get through the week. Well, I can't think of too much
more to say. My comp and I are still a little shell shocked with the
changes that will be happening. There will probably be two new sisters
coming into the area. So Hermana Tuttle has the challenge of teaching
them the area in two weeks! I'm sure she will need your prayers. Other
than that, les quiero mucho! Gracias por todo su apoyo y su ayuda!

Con amor,

Hermana Yonson

JoaquĆ­n proud to be from Ecuador
 Gorgeous sunset off the Naval Academy Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment