Monday, July 25, 2016

The End of an Era

Well transfer calls came...

And I am saying goodbye to my beloved Landover Hills. I really think
the goodbyes keep getting harder and harder. I'm not quite sure where
I will be going or who I will be with yet, so you'll all have to stay
tuned for next week to learn that. But this week has been a great one.
Obviously with lots of challenges, but I have learned so much and had
so many wonderful experiences as well. We got a new ward mission
leader and he is amazing. He is a returned missionary himself from
many years ago, and when he met with us on Wednesday he continually
expressed his love for us and the work we are doing. Then he said
something that I'm pretty sure I will make my motto for the rest of my
mission. He was holding our progress record and said, "Ahora, su
felicidad es esto." Or your happiness is this now. It really struck a
chord with me. It's true, my happiness is this, these people, this
area, their progression towards conversion. It's what I do and love
every single day. I feel so grateful for that opportunity to have this
happiness. It really is a greater joy than I have ever known. And
although I am so sad to be leaving this area, it has definitely been
my favorite so far, and I know no where else will be quite the same
(partially because I don't feel like I'm in America haha) but I know
Heavenly Father has other things for me to learn elsewhere, and I know
that I will find even more people to love and teach! I don't know that
I have too much else to say and I know if I start going into specific
experiences this email will take about 3 years to read, but I know
that the Lord has blessed me immensely, both in this area and in this
week. I have been able to feel the spirit working through me and
testifying to these people of the truthfulness and simplicity of the
gospel. I am so sad to be leaving Sister Rivas, but also so excited
that she will be taking over the area. I know it's in good hands :)
sorry this is kinda short mom. I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say
next week. But until then, espero que tengan una linda semana! Yo sé
que todavía tengo mucho de aprender, pero no hay una feliz andas más
grande que está que tengo ahora. Mi felicidad ES esto! Sé que cuando
realmente vivimos el evangelio con todo nuestro corazón, tenemos un
gozo natural. Jesucristo vino para que tengamos gozo! Les quiero mucho
y les invito que agradezca al Señor por el gozo que tienen en sus
vidas! Hasta la próxima semana y por favor oren por este área!

Hermana Yonson

Why I Believe with Judy! And lots of sisters
 We went to DC for the sunrise
 DC

No comments:

Post a Comment