Monday, August 1, 2016

To the Ocean!

Buenos días gente!

How is it already August?? I don't know how this happens. Well this is
probably not going to be too long of an email either since we just
transferred on Wednesday, but I am now here in Annapolis! It's pretty
darn strange because I feel like I'm in a mission all on my own.
Heavenly Father definitely doesn't like keeping me in my comfort zone
haha. The Annapolis stake used to be part of the Baltimore, MD mission
until July, so half the missionaries here are from the Baltimore
mission and half of us are from DC North which makes merging things a
little interesting since every mission has its differences, but it
will just take a little time. I'll second what my friend Elder King said in
one of his emails that the week after transfers always seems pretty
long. I can't believe it hasn't even been a week! It feels like I've
already been here for at least a month or so, but then I realize I
barely know any of the people still haha. I've had a couple
missionaries ask about how the transfer was, and I feel like I can
best describe it by saying that I feel like I started my mission all
over again! Haha I've been out almost a year and now I get to be a
greenie again! But to tell you a little about my area, we live right
by the water and it is gorgeous! I love being able to see the ocean
and drive over all these bridges everyday. Kinda reminds me of Cape
Cod a lot. We're also right next door to the Naval Academy so that's
pretty cool. The area itself is super different than my last one.
Hispanics are the minority here, so I have to get used to seeing
caucasians again haha. It's also a lot wealthier of an area, and it's
the first time I've worked in a branch (what we call our congregations
when they are a little smaller than a usual group). I think my
companion, Hermana Tuttle, said is best when she said that in a branch
you really feel like you are making a huge difference. It's pretty fun
and the people are so nice! I know I'm going to love it here. Oh and
it rains a ton! I'll send a video to demonstrate. Other news, I have
my first gringa companion! She is super nice and I'm excited to work
with her. She goes home in 2 months and so I'll probably be the one
sending her off, but she's been doing great work in this area and will
finish with a lot of success. Other than that, not too much has
happened. Saying goodbye to Landover Hills was definitely one of those
harder goodbyes, but I know I'll get to visit them someday. This week
I have definitely see the influence of the Atonement in my life. I
love the principle of the enabling power of the atonement.  It doesn't
just cover our sins, but helps us day to day to overcome the little
challenges. Not only did Christ suffer the big stuff, but he "hath
descended below them all" DyC 122:8. That includes the little things!
I am so grateful for that so that He, Jesus Christ, can help me
through my daily challenges. Pues, les quiero muchísimo! Y gracias por
todas sus oraciones. Ojalá que tengan una linda semana y que sientan
la Expiación en su vida diaria! Con amor,

Hermana Yonson

Saying goodbye to Oneyna, Alex and Matthew

 And Judy and her boys!  I'm gonna miss them!
 Welcome to Annapolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment