Monday, August 15, 2016

Un Año Ya

In all honesty I had completely forgotten that I will hit my year my
year mark this week until I looked at a calendar this morning. I'm
really not sure how that happened, but I am grateful for every day of
this past year. It has been the fastest, most difficult, and easily
most rewarding year of my life. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
So this week has just flown by and as usual, a lot has happened. One
of my favorite things this week is we got to do service! People never
let us do service cause we are girls in skirts, but this one family let
us help them remodel their basement and service really just makes the
world a better place. We also had the presidente de estaca come
yesterday and talk about the Church's new website, JustServe. It shows
people service opportunities to serve in your surrounding community
and we get to use it as missionaries! It's really neat, check it out.
My favorite lesson from the week was with Juan Daniel, our
investigator on baptismal date. He still hasn't gotten Sundays off so
we are working with that, but we finally taught him the restoration.
Like I mentioned last time, he had been taught the other lessons, and
even committed to baptism, but hadn't been taught the restoration, so
we did that. It was probably one of my favorite restoration lessons
ever! He has been so prepared by Heavenly Father for the gospel right
now, after the lesson we were talking about what he was thinking with
all this new information. He said he felt something but couldn't quite
explain it. Not confused, but like the wheels were all turning and it
was all falling in place. It was amazing to see the effect that the
Spirit had and that it was able to help him recognize the truthfulness
of our words. He is now reading the Book of Mormon and praying about
it for himself.
Well, I know my mom is expecting some neat, 12 things I've learned in
the past twelve months or something creative like that, but for the
sake of your time and mine, I think I'll just bear my testimony (sorry
mom). Bring on the Spanglish.
I know that God loves us. He is our Father in Heaven and He sent us
each here for a purpose. He has a perfect plan for each one of us to
return to live with Him again. I know He still speaks to us today. He
is not as far as He seems; He is in every detail of our lives.
Likewise, I know that Jesucristo is our Savior and Redeemer. I know He
lived, suffered, died, and resurrected all for us. There is nothing He
did not overcome. I know that He loves us so much that He restored His
church and gospel once again on the earth through a young prophet
named Joseph Smith and because of that, we have all the blessings and
ordinances of the fullness of the gospel. The Bible and the Book of
Mormon are truly the words of God and the guides to eternal life. If
we have faith, repent, are baptized and receive the gift of the Holy
Ghost, and endure to the end we can have the blessings of eternal life
with our loved ones and our Heavenly Family. We were sent to this
earth to be victorious just our Savior was before us. I testify that
He lives.

Yo sé que Dios nos conoce. Que El es nuestro Padre Celestial y que El
nos mandó aquí por un propósito. Tiene un plan perfecto por cada uno
de nosotros que regresamos a vivir en Su presencia. Sé que El nos
habla hoy en día. No esta tan lejos como pensamos; está en cada
detalle de nuestras vidas. También, sé que Jesucristo es nuestro
Salvador y Redentor. Sé que vivió, sufrió, murió y se resucitó por
nosotros. El superó todo. Yo sé que El nos ama tanto que El restauró
Su iglesia y evangelio por medio de un profeta que se llamaba José
Smith, y debido a eso tenemos las bendiciones y ordenanzas de la
plenitud del evangelio. La Biblia y el Libro de Mormon son las
palabras de Dios y nuestra guía hacia la vida eterna. Si tenemos fe,
nos arrepentimos, nos bautizamos y recibimos el don del Espíritu
Santo, y perseveramos hasta el fin tendremos las bendiciones de la
vida eterna con nuestros seres queridos y nuestra familia celestial.
Yo testificó que El Salvador vive.

Hermana Yonson

Awful quality but this is the bridge I drive over ever time to church.
 The branch president's daughter's baptism.  We played 3 musical numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment